As always, there is so much going on when it comes to Disney! I’ll keep this week short and sweet… I’m currently on property at an Agent Education Program learning as much as humanly possible.
Last night we got to go to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and I am READY for the holidays. Guys, it was such a blast. Head on over to my Instagram and catch my stories before they disappear!
We have SO much on deck the next few days… and then I’m going to log off for the weekend. My OTHER baby is having a birthday on Sunday so we are going to go to the beach! Yes… my babies are very, very close in age. One year and thirteen days to be exact, but who’s counting?
I’ll just touch on a few big things this week and then let you get back to your Disney + binge-watching…
Let’s not forget about “Heigh Ho Travel Co” … our new Instagram Account and Facebook Page dedicated 100% to runDisney!! Park and Preston Travel is so much more than just runDisney… Meghan and I wanted a place where we could all geek out on the thing we love most, so the Heigh Ho Travel Co was born.
Please “like”, “follow”, and play along!
We are ALL THINGS HOLIDAY this week! For those of you that want to plan in advance, I have the Christmas Party Map available online to take a look at what you have to look forward to…
Speaking of the party, I don’t want to forget to let you know that Passholders can get a discount on certain dates for the party as well as a few other holiday events… you can read more here. Also, be sure to check out the Foodie Guide Disney released full of snacks you can get this season, along with party-exclusive treats!
Now – I want to take a second to break down what is going on at each park for the Holidays!
– Magic Kingdom: this park will be hosting Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party on select nights – this party has a special parade and fireworks show. If you want to catch those two without going to the party, plan on going to the park on December 22nd! The castle lighting takes place each night, and there is holiday decor and special treats all around the park!
– Animal Kingdom: New this year, they have holiday winter puppets performing from 10 am – 5 pm each day at the entrance of the park. The holiday decor is all throughout the park and the characters are wearing special outfits! The projections on the Tree of Life have a holiday theme as well.
– Hollywood Studios: (spoiler alert, I’m going there tonight!) there is SO much holiday cheer at this park! There’s a projection show on the Tower of Terror, a special Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! fireworks show every night and TONS of treats!!
– Epcot: Since we are at the tail end of the Food and Wine Festival, the Holidays don’t officially start until November 29th. All of the decor will be up at that time, and the Festival of the Holidays will begin! Be sure to check out the lineup of narrators for the Candlelight Processional!
– Disney Springs: Don’t miss out on this area of Walt Disney World! This is where you can meet Santa, check out the Christmas Tree Trail, and there are tons of treats and decor located at the smaller kiosks!
One last Holiday bit of info I wanted to pass on to you – all the Stars and Air Times for the ABC Holiday Disney Specials are now available here! These are some of my favorite specials to tune into during the holidays and I know this year it will be SO fun now that my kids are getting a little bit older!
We’re going to do something fun this week in regards to runDisney… Now that the 2020-2021 runDisney schedule has been announced let’s take a look at the dates as it compares to the World Marathon Majors!!
First – the 40th running of the London Marathon is on April 26th – you could potentially run there, extend your holiday, then hop over to Disneyland Paris to run in the Inaugural Disneyland Paris Princess Race Weekend (May 8-10)…
However, unlike the past several years, the 2020 Berlin Marathon is going to take place at the same time as the Disneyland Paris Half Marathon. Berlin and the DLP Half are on the same day, September 27th. So this year it is physically impossible to run both. I had SO much fun seeing friends in Paris go off and run Berlin the following weekend…
I do have a little bit of good news though! Typically Wine and Dine Half Marathon weekend coincides with the New York City Marathon – but not this year! The 50th Anniversary of the NYC Marathon will take place on November 1st, and the Wine and Dine races will be the following weekend. This is great news for people like me who have been waiting… now I just need to keep my fingers crossed I can get in! Sadly, I wasn’t one of the first 50 selected.
The Tokyo Marathon is moving to the first Sunday in March (due to the birthday of the new Japanese emperor, which is a national holiday) – so that race weekend is no longer at the risk of being the same weekend as Princess Half Marathon. Princess will be Feb 18-21, and Tokyo will most likely be March 7th.
Here’s the big one – Star Wars Rival Run will be the same weekend as the Boston Marathon. You could run on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday – then hop a plane to Boston to pick up your bib before the expo closes to run on Monday… but man that would be a close one! (I DO know someone who did it a few years ago!! She’s a total rockstar!!)
Here’s a quick list of races we currently have availability for:
If you’re ready to book for next year’s Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend, fill out your info in the form linked below. We’ll be in touch ASAP to get your details and lock in your package for 2020!
We know from experience that you can get the best hotel/ticket packages by booking early, so don’t miss out on the current rates!
Today I want to feature one of my preferred partners: Southwest Vacations! We have a few different offers available now. If you’re interested in any more information please just respond to this email and we can get some quotes pot together for you!
Southwest air schedule is now up for sale for travel through June 6, 2020 (next tentative schedule up for sale date is 12/11/19 for travel through August 10, 2020)
Mexico & Punta Cana Sale
– Save up to $200 on Their Vacation to Mexico or Punta Cana
– Booking Window: 11/5/19 – 11/18/19 by 6:00 p.m. CT
– Travel Window: 11/6/19 – 6/5/20
Las Vegas – MGM Sale
– Save up to 35% at select MGM Resorts hotels in Las Vegas
– Booking Window: 11/5/19 – 11/18/19 by 6:00 p.m. CT
– Travel Window: 11/19/19 – 6/5/20
Hawaii Rapid Rewards
– Book your flight and hotel package to select resorts in Hawaii and earn an additional 6,000 more Rapid Rewards points per member!
– Booking Window: 10/29/19 – 12/2/19 by 6:00 p.m. CT
– Travel Window: 10/30/19 – 4/12/20
You don’t want to miss this video – a Cancer Survivor had the opportunity to meet the donor who saved his life this year at the Wine & Dine Half Marathon!! ALL THE FEELS – check out the video here!
Speaking of videos, this next viral video has been viewed more than two MILLION times… most adorable little princess dancing at Magic Kingdom. I could watch this one all day on repeat!
… in “other” Theme Park News: Sesame Place, located in Langorne, Pennsylvania has long been a popular destination for families with young children, especially those on the East Coast. Now, families on the West Coast will soon have their own Sesame Place!! The park is partnering with SeaWorld Entertainment to open a location in San Diego, California.
We do have specific race registration packages available but have also had a lot of fun putting custom packages together for the perfect Universal Race Weekend…
Head on over to the Universal Epic Character Race Weekend page to get your quote today!