Have you had a chance to try out the Minnie Van service? Before we moved to Florida, they were a lifesaver for us. My favorite feature is that they come with TWO car seats (which is perfect because I have TWO kiddos that need them!)
Minnie Van Pricing
Minnie Van pricing used to be a flat fee of $25 per ride no matter the distance. Currently, there is a base rate of $15 per pick-up, plus a “per-mile” fee that varies based upon how in-demand the service is. It’s typically around $2.75 – $3.00 per mile.
Most of the resort trips average about 6-8 miles, so you’re looking at a cost of $30 to $35 total. Some trips can cost more, some less. The average Lyft or Uber ride on property will be around $10-$15 – so you do pay a premium to use this service. Worth it for those car seats if you ask me!
Another blogger mapped out a few routes for some sample pricing that I’ll share with you here:
- Yacht Club to Art of Animation: $23.26
- Port Orleans French Quarter to Magic Kingdom: $28.96
- Epcot to Grand Floridian: $30.16
- Pop Century to the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue at Ft. Wilderness: $34.06
- Port Orleans Riverside to Animal Kingdom Lodge: $35.20
- Contemporary to Animal Kingdom Lodge: $38.51
The service can also get you to and from the airport, but at a hefty price. The ride to Orlando International Airport (MCO) will cost your family $150 each way, so $300 for a round trip. If you’d like to schedule that in advance, just let your travel agent know and we can set that up for you!
Minnie Van Experience
I will say, traveling in a Minnie Van is NOTHING like a regular Uber or Lyft ride. The Cast Members are absolutely top-notch – so much so that I feel like they should be wearing plaid.
In order to use the service, you’re going to have to have the Lyft app installed on your phone. You can activate the service at the front desk of your resort or via My Disney Experience. Once it’s activated, you can request the service right in the app just like you would a standard Lyft ride.
Something else random and awesome: they have this magic USB in the car stereo… they’ll play music that is themed to where you’re going. I have said – several times – that if they sell that stick I WILL BUY IT.
Minnie Van Service Areas
While the service started at only select Deluxe resorts, Minnie Vans are now available at any Disney Resort, Park, and Disney Springs. Disney has also announced recently that they are going to be expanding the program to include a few additional Orlando area resort hotels, including lots of our favorite “off-property” Disney Springs options.
Minnie Van “Off Property” Resort Options
- Walt Disney World Swan
- Walt Disney World Dolphin
- Four Seasons Resort Orlando
- Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels:
- B Resort & Spa
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton
- Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Wyndham Lake Buena Vista
- Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista
- Bonnet Creek Resorts
- Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
- Waldorf Astoria Orlando
- Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
- Flamingo Crossings Resorts
- SpringHill Suites Orlando
- TownePlace Suites Orlando
Minnie Van FAQ
How many people can a Minnie Van accommodate?
Minnie Vans are Chevy Traverse SUVs and can hold up to 6 guests (3 in the back, 2 in the middle bucket seats, and 1 sitting shotgun!)
When is the Minnie Van service available?
Minnie Van service operates from 6:30 AM to 12:30 AM daily. Hours of operation are subject to change, as always, but this is pretty standard.
What kind of Car Seats do they use?
Disney uses the Graco 4Ever Car Seats exclusively. They guarantee the seats are less than a year old and will replace them if they are ever in an accident. The Cast Members also undergo an extensive training program on proper installation – it’s an EIGHT HOUR class, so they know what they are doing!
Know Before You Go… Airport Edition
- Service can pick up or drop off from the airport to any Walt Disney World Resort hotel.
- Rides may be booked until 11:59 AM the night prior to arrival.
- Pick-up location at the Orlando International Airport is located by the baggage claim escalators.
- All cancellations made within 24 hours of pick-up time will forfeit a refund.
- Guests needing to utilize an accessible vehicle to accommodate a wheelchair or ECV can make arrangements by calling (407) 828-3500.
- While shuttle vans can accommodate up to 6 medium-sized suitcases, you can also check your bags in advance at Resort Airport Services/Check-In before you depart. They are unable to take your bags separately on Disney’s Magical Express.